cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Delivery

gobface
Joining in

Hi,

I ordered M500 fibre to be delivered to my new house on the day I move in (Thu 24th March), having been advised that ordering 1 week before would be easily enough time. I work from home, so internet is vital.

I got an e-mail today saying:

We're sending your QuickStart install pack very soon, but unfortunately we can’t give you the slot you picked on our website.

It'll now arrive with you on 22/04/2022 between 8am and 9pm

Why is it now delayed by a month?! That's ridiculous. The previous owner had Virgin fibre so I don't see what the delay can be?

5 REPLIES 5

TTIAP
On our wavelength

from all my experiences the last 4 months, they'll continuously delay that delivery, something very weird is happening over at virgin media, and it's always a months delay, i'm finally free of em after being stuck in a loop of 5 engineers being called out, moved on

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard about hub shortages but that "quick" install delay is quite something. Look forward to hearing from VM on this one. 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TTIAP 

There may be a delay because we cannot place the order fully for yourself until their account has been closed or got a disconnection booked. 

I can certainly take a look at the status of your order though. I’ll pop over a private message to take some details

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

TTIAP
On our wavelength

Well, after 6 hours of waiting for a private message, nothing came through, did see someone updated virgin media coming out today for the service to the box, but it's already too late, i'm not paying anymore for this service, and i didn't even get a notice that there'd be a price hike, so my contract being £46 a month is now 75p under £50, it's been awful with this company ever since Lutz Schüler took over, and i've realized why the engineers haven't been cancelling the confirmed appointments, it's because the account holder is entitled to £25 per incident, that'd have been £125, after today £150 i'd be owed, so i'll be using all of this to cancel my so called "contract" on the wednesday, the box can stay hanging off the wall, it won't be needed come wednesday.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gobface, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm going to pop you a PM to look into this in more detail, to see if I can provide you with some answers.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W