cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay after delay. Seems such a common story for VM

KevinMoore88
Tuning in

Can anyone from VM on here confirm the reason why my install keeps getting cancelled on the day?

The customer services and pre-install just keep saying "cabling issues" but cannot confirm the actual issue, more irritating is that they keep saying they are awaiting permission from the local council to complete the works. Unfortunately for VM, I have evidence on the last two appointments that permits were fully granted so this is an absolute fabrication of the truth.

I have spoken to so many people on the phone at VM that I am at a loss. Currently had three Engineer home visits cancelled and 25 day delay. Now scheduled 9th of April but I have absolutely no confidence anything different will happen and that's before reading everyone else' stories.

32 REPLIES 32

KevinMoore88
Tuning in

Permits, 

3.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah, I did see that 🙄

Actually just noticed it's May 9th now ! 🙄

Just looking at the compensation,

Can someone from here discuss this in a PM?

Original confirmed date : 1st March

New date : 9th May

69 days * £5.04 = £347.76

3x missed manned installs cancelled <24 hours notice = 3 x £25

Total compensation = £422.76

KevinMoore88
Tuning in

Anyone at VM?

It's the mention of them paying out money - they have had panic attacks and fainted

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@spell wrote:

It's the mention of them paying out money - they have had panic attacks and fainted

Either that or they are frantically going through all the T&Cs of the compensation scheme to come up with an excuse for why they aren't going to pay out!.

😂😂I'll report back if I get any resolution but I'm not hopeful of much without CICAS.