Menu
Woodside40
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damaged property during installation

Hello,

We recently had Virgin Media Broadband installed and the installer has done a terrible job. From the outset he was rude and short tempered, and couldn't be bothered to explain anything that needed doing. During the course of his drilling he has drilled a huge hole in our skirting board which has splintered and cracked. He has done nothing to repair this other than stick a staple in it so it's now a hazard for toddler. He has also not secured the cables properly in the house and they are just loose for our young child to pull on. He then left the cables outside completely uncovered. The whole job looks a total mess. When we tried to raise this with the installer he was nothing but confrontational and rude, and then he just left. 

We have raised the issue with Virgin several times and no one has come to repair the damage. Someone came to note the damage two weeks ago, promising it would be repaired asap, but we haven't heard anything since. Someone came and did a token effort of covering the cables out the front whilst we were out but again it was a terrible job.

We keep calling to get this resolved but no one ever gets back to us - I get the impression they are trying to waste time till the end of the grace period. We would therefore like to know how to submit a formal complaint and we see no other choice but to escalate this to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme. 

We are new customer who are extremely disappointed with the terrible service we've received. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged property during installation

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

staff will pick this up in a week or so and should be able to get something done - in the mean time post photos - it will help them when raising it

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Woodside40

I am so sorry to hear this has been the experience you have had with us.

I so appreciate you taking the time to post about this and welcome to the community forums.

I have been unable to look at the account for me to find out what has been happening on the back of the issues you have raised with us so if you could pop back to the PM I have sent on the top right that would be great. It's in the purple envelope.

I can then lok into this further for you.

Kind regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos