cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged outside box

Lostandfound36
Tuning in

Hi - someone has been kind enough to kick the box off the cabling into my home, on the outside of the front of my house. I am guessing as soon as it rains (v likely with our weather!) there will be damage and loss of service.

How do I go about getting it fixed asap? Tried to call but was on the phone for an age and no real direction where to go.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good Morning @Lostandfound36, hope you had a great weekend!

Sorry we've not been able to get to this a little sooner!

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a photo of the box to help VM get the correct parts to the VM technician.

Also, don't worry too much about the weather as the VM cabling is very resilient .  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

will do - I manage to staple it on at an angle, but some cabling looks like it has been pulled - luckily no affect on services that I can tell 🙂 

thank you for replying BTW 

Lostandfound36
Tuning in

couple of pics - it's a very, very old box - CableTel owned the service before NTL, and then before Virgin Media!

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 15.57.53.pngthe wiring has been pulled out of the wall and dislodged the gluethe wiring has been pulled out of the wall and dislodged the glue

Hi - you said someone would pick it up and reply but nothing has happened - with it being 2 days now I don't know if Virgin are aware/going to replace - can't get through on a call at all

@Lostandfound36 wrote:
Hi - you said someone would pick it up and reply but nothing has happened - with it being 2 days now I don't know if Virgin are aware/going to replace - can't get through on a call at all

It can take up to a week for a response.

Good Morning @Lostandfound36, hope you had a great weekend!

Sorry we've not been able to get to this a little sooner!

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’ve just replied back. Thanks 🙏🏻