Menu
s_duff
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Manhole Cover

There is a damaged manhole that I would like to report. At the top of Hazelwood Lane, Chipstead, Surrey, CR5 3QW. I can provide accurate location information if contacted. 

It is a constant issue making a loud noise every time a vehicle goes over it and is a trip hazard. 

Please can you arrange for this to be rectified ASAP. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged Manhole Cover

i assume it's in the middle of the road if vehicles are constantly going over it?
not sure how it can be both a trip hazard and be affected by vehicles.

however, if you feel it's an immediate health and safety issue (ie a trip hazard) then you should report it to you local council who will do the neccessary to make it safe.
0 Kudos
s_duff
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to report an issue and I do not appreciate the sarcastic response. 

The manhole cover is towards the edge of the road which is why vehicle wheels are going over it and in this village there are no pavements and this is where people walk along the side of the road hence it is also a trip hazard. It is also a point where people cross. I trust this offers you a clear enough explanation. 

The council have been out and have directed me to Virgin. Please arrange for a virgin representative to come out. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

there was no sarcasm, it was an actual valid question.
as i said, if it's an immediate H&S issues then the council are responsible for making it safe until it is fixed, as it's on the public highway.

a virgin rep will pick this up eventually, but the turnaround time will be long.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi s_duff, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch.

I will get this reported to our maintenance team straight away. 

I am sure the information provided should be enough but if its okay, I will pop a message on here if the team require any further details. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
s_duff
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can you update me, we have heard nothing.  Please PM me so we can exchange contact details.

Thanks

Sarah 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah,

I'm afraid that there are no updates to provide as of yet. However, Nat has escalated this directly to our maintenance team who will arrange for this to be resolved.

I'm afraid that the team would not liaise with you individually. As soon as we have further information regarding this issue, we will be sure to update you here.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you won't be provided an update as to when it will be fixed, this is not something that team does.
you get a confirmation that is has been reported - which i believe the previous post confirm has been done.

expect it to be weeks rather than days though. from your description it doesn't appear that it would be a high priority.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi s_duff, 

Thank you for your patience.

We had sent an engineer to take a look and they could not see any signs of a raised cover. 

Are you able to provide any pictures or specific details of where the cover is located?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
s_duff
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can you private message me and then I can give you contact details for my mother who lives right next to it and can direct your engineer accordingly.

Thanks

Sarah  

0 Kudos