Menu
Highlighted
tayloredd
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Damage to property

I have just returned home from work and when leaving this morning virgin had blocked off my driveway & were digging up on the edge of my drive to lay cables. On my return there is significant damage to my driveway by way of a crack going half way down it! 

I have not requested virgin nor did I ask for the work to be carried out and I am not happy at the damage as you can imagine that this unwarranted, not asked for or discussed work has been carried out!

I have tried to ring but have had no response and I would like to have this spoken about and for someone to come and look at the damage this has caused and get it repaired urgently!

Please reply ASAP 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to property

this sounds like street work to expand network rather than anything specifically do to with your property.
are the street crew still in the street? if so just speak to them and they will fix no doubt.

i had issue with the way they re-tarmacd after similar works and they had no problem in coming back over and fixing the issue.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

photos are always useful - initially i think you need to talk to the contractors doing the job - then the council who oversee it and also to virgin

Tony
0 Kudos
tayloredd
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

photos are always useful - initially i think you need to talk to the contractors doing the job - then the council who oversee it and also to virgin

I would attach photos as I have them but it’s telling me that they exceed the maximum jpeg amount! 

This is is me contacting virgin, the contractors as far as I’m concerned are virgin and the council as as useful as a chocolate tea pot! They have advised me to contact virgin which is this..

edd 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

decrease the image size and you'll be able to upload them.

are the contractors still on-site? are the working their way down the street?
if so, just speak to them. quickest way to resolve it.

the advice give by the other poster is wise advice.
0 Kudos
tayloredd
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure they will be able to fix this issue though as this is a printed concrete driveway... 

I am so annoyed as I wasn’t even made aware that they would be digging up right on my doorstep! How is this acceptable?

I leave before the contractors arrive and I get home when they have gone.. 

BE238B55-1052-4FE9-9A02-A76BE5F71864.jpeg

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

you don't need to be notified for such street works. the council give the required permits for the work to be done, just like any other service.

what outcome are you ideally wanting? or you just wanting to report you displeasure? or are you seeking it be fixed? or seeking compensation? knowing what outcome you want may help in how this is directed.

0 Kudos
tayloredd
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

7D6A5595-E306-4C43-87CB-1B722E20E05C.jpeg

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

i can see the crack, and i'm surprised that the work has caused such a long crack along, what looks like, the full length of the drive.

i can't see that being something the contractor can or could fix.
0 Kudos
tayloredd
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

you don't need to be notified for such street works. the council give the required permits for the work to be done, just like any other service.

what outcome are you ideally wanting? or you just wanting to report you displeasure? or are you seeking it be fixed? or seeking compensation? knowing what outcome you want may help in how this is directed.

I understand what you’re saying, I want my driveway fixed... I’m not sure compensation was ever in question.

Absolutely not am I just registering my displeasure, I am making a complaint as the works that have been carried out have cause significant damage to my driveway that I want fixed and returned to the way it was prior to their digging causing the cracks... 

To which I do not see an unreasonable. 

0 Kudos