Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Damage to house and poor installation

Had the worst experience with Virgin.  At installation 23.06.20 my brand new wooden floor was damaged by the technician.  He left without reporting the damage (which he would have known he'd done), i reported this immediately and was ensured that i would be contacted within 72 hours.  In the addition, the installation was terrible with exposed wires left in the middle of an adjoining hedge and wires covered by concrete where they should have been laid under brickwork.  I called back and was told there was a delay due to Covid but that somebody would contact me.  Upon hearing nothing again i emailed a technician and received no reply.  i rang again and technician was eventually sent to assess the outside installation.  he confirmed it was bad workmanship and needed to be re-done (07.08.20).  I was told id be contacted within a couple of days and that he'd raise the fact that my complaint about my property damage had not been rectified.  I rang again today - and was told again that my complaint would be raised again.  The communication has been horrendous.  I'm left with internal damage to my property and conflict with my neighbours who are now having to wait indefinitely to complete work on their property (due to exposed wires on our adjoining boundary).  

Please can somebody at virgin look into this for me????  

the only contact virgin has instigated was a letter on 12.08.20 advising that i can contact an alternate dispute resolution service (CISAS) - However i have been informed by this company that they do not deal with damage to property - BAD SERVICE VIRGIN 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to house and poor installation

If you have already taken your complaint to CISAS, then all further communication must be also through CISAS, Virgin will not respond to you directly any more. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi i would consult a no win no fee lawyer or citizens advice, if you don't hear back from anyone in reasonable time.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some photos of the damage.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi helenmf,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to your property when being installed. It's really disappointing that you weren't made aware of this at the time, and since then hasn't been rectified. 

I know you've had a complaint raised already, but I'd like to take a look at this to see what I can do to help you.

I'll pop you a private message now requesting your details.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos