Menu
hammic
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Daily loss of service in area 30

This has been going on on for about a week now, with the problems rearing their ugly heads about a month ago.  Most days this week, usually in the morning, I encounter loss of service for some time.  Sometimes this can happen twice.

Phoning customer service up has the usual offshore robots telling me that the problem will be fixed at 6pm.  So why then does it happen again the following the morning? I now have an estimated fix date of 29/05/2019, but the support ticket was created on 21/05/2019 - so why wasn't I told this by the robots?

To add insult to injury, I am not going to receive any loss of service credit for this, as I haven't lost my connection for a constant 24 hours or more.  I pay my bill in full, why shouldn't I get my services in full? If I receive partial service, I expect partial credit.  Simple.

Virgin Media really are making TalkTalk look good and professional recently.  This opinion became somewhat heightened when I tried to speak to a human in a UK call centre by deliberately selecting the options to disconnect my services (150 > 1 > 1 > 4 > 5), but ended up speaking to a robot in an offshore callcentre.  I literally had to aggressively insist that I be put through to a UK callcentre - however I had to do this multiple times as the robots had trouble comprehending even the simplest words of the English language.

I make no apologies for the tone in my post.  As a customer for nearly 20 years, Virgin Media have truly reached the lowest I have even known them to be at.  Yet they demand extortionate prices from us for what I can only call third class services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily loss of service in area 30

Hi Hammic, 

We are sorry to hear about the issue you have been facing with the outages and upon calling the team. We must advise that we have many departments across the business that are half based on or offshore. The first available agent is the one that you will receive upon calling. However we must apologise that some agents you have spoken to have not revealed the ongoing issue has been going on. As for the loss of service credit, we would like to have a look into things a little deeper via a private message to see if there is anything that can be done. Again our apologies, we will follow up straight away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
hammic
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily loss of service in area 30

Thank you for replying. I am replying to your PM.
0 Kudos