cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 And unable to set up broadband

Hakon
Tuning in

Hi,

I got my quick start broadband package earlier today and have been trying to set it up. Whenever I try, the wifi light turns on green, and the main light blinks green. Then nothing happens. I have ensured all the cables are properly connected.

When I tried contacting support it refered me to business support, which I also couldn't contact.

Also, when I try to set up my Virgin account I get the DEF01 error.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s a residential account then maybe the hub has not been activated, call 

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hakon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your Quickstart equipment. Have you been able to call the activation line as advised to resolve this? In regards to the DEF01 error, is that still appearing for you today? If so, at what point does that error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, @Zach_R,

I was able to reach the activation support and they said they activated my hub and that it might take up to 12 hours to go through.

However it has been more than 12 hours and the same thing still happens and I don't have any internet.

The DEF01 error still appears, and it happens whenever I try to enter my last name, account number and area reference.

Are you able to help with this?

Thanks,

Hakon

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hakon

Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about your broadband issue.

I can see a visit has been booked for you now, please keep us updated with how you get on after this visit.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

The technician came by on Wednesday and was unable to find any faults. He said he changed everything from the router, power supply and wires both inside and out and it still doesn't work. The hub now gets to the point where the internet light starts blinking green for a while and then turns red, before looping around. 

The technician said he had raised the issues with IT, as he thought it would be an IT problem. But I have not heard anything and nothing has been resolved. 

I am having trouble reaching customer service, is there anything anyone can do to help me get online, or should I just give up and get another provider?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Hakon, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and updating us with how the visit goes. I'm sorry to hear that things are still not working. 

As it stands, the only thing we can do is book another engineer to come out again. If you're happy for us to do this, let us know and we can get this arranged for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

If you would be able to do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Hakon, thanks for getting back to us.

We've had a look at our systems and we can see you're getting the support you need.  Please do let us know how things go?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, 

I have now had two more technicians drop by and still nothing. 

They switched out my hub 3 with a hub 4 which is pulsing white with no internet connection. When I checked the hub settings it says it is "requesting CM IP address"

I still can't create a my virgin account either as I keep getting the "DEF 01" error. I have tried several browser and devices. So I have no idea if that is related to the internet issues at all.

Thanks,

Hakon