cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA163PG Welling building connected by VirginMedia 2016 some flats are discriminated being "unserviceble"

barthor1981
Joining in

Hello everyone!

I'm curious if any of you have experienced the same discrimination as I have with VirginMedia.

Virgin first connected our building, Norcliff Court, maybe 4-5 years ago.

I filed a case on my own, followed up with the developer, the Virgin Media connection staff, and even Bexley Council to have fibre Virgin media cables connected from our building's entrance door on Bellegrove Road to the building itself. Virgin Media infrastructure was reportedly present in a previously demolished shop at 87a Bellegrove Rd, DA163PG, Norcliff Court (South-East London). We eventually got connected after over a year of fighting, calls, and email ping pong, and most of our neighbours are now on Virgin Media.

However, when I try to connect (after being on a contract abroad for a while), Virgin claims that they can not connect an additional flat to already 8 flats to their network. Our building's whole connection cost was around £10k, therefore I think Virgin planned ahead to be able to connect all 12 flats and took into account option to split connections not fully utilized at available in the building up to 1gb/s threshold. We are at the high street road, where main fibre goes underneath sidewalk.

To my surprise, the so-called 3rd party (I assume most of them are on some sort of outside contract) claimed he couldn't connect the split cables already passing by my house, which my neighbours above and next to me have, and whose cables are in fact in my cabined with satellite freeview hardware on my very wall.

Is it only me having this feedback that "technician" doesn't want to do any (I mean any!) job like routing cable in already provided with new flat lan cabling 3m away from hallway to my flat?

Is it only me having being enough IT tech familiar that technical prefer to tick place "UNSERVICEBLE" or expect only plug and play (everyone can do that!)?

I'm furious about it as I have offered my own time and help to get this done once for all.As previous neighbours had similar push back and somehow they have managed to be connected! Especially when Virgin Media was brought to our 12 flats building by my very own resilience to build profitability case for them to connect us from main fibre just 3 feets at the our entrance door steps away.

I'm being played since between Customer Service (based in Philippines) and unwilling to cooperate 3rd party technician, clearly expecting do as little work as possible. 

I'm just awaiting on yet another attempt to challenge installer that cables are here and it is feasible to add me to already existing net in flats around me.

- Should I cut my neighbours cables to be treated seriously?

- Should I fled Pilot and other review with negative feedbacks including my 20m large LinkedIn network proving how  bad and ignorant their customer service is? Is this something will force them professionally and finally act upon on.

I have never seen working 20 years in the city such poor customer service and sales technics being honest.

I'm curious about your own experiences in being connected or pushed back by technician who doesn't want to spend any more time in place than plug & play required stuff (so disappointing about their approach) > i know by fact it would be the case if whole building won't be connected and it would require to route fibre from next block, but now when there is everything in place, it sound like total BS!

Please keep fingers X as I won't give up to get this sorted.

Many thanks

B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

All sounds very frustrating. All I would suggest is leave your neighbours' cabling alone and await attention from the VM team on here to review your situation. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

All sounds very frustrating. All I would suggest is leave your neighbours' cabling alone and await attention from the VM team on here to review your situation. 

Thanks mate, sure

Funny to say if not me the building wouldin’t be even connected, having main fibre just meter away from its doors.
Now i’m the only one being exiled from having it...grrrr

I hope there is a way to split existing connection as it seems VM having well planned connection itself by providing more cables.

I hope i’m wrong but except rather push back.and fight with “frendly” technician that it can be done

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately since Virgin Media have no obligation to connect, it only needs one employee or subcontractor to decide that it's too much trouble to do the work that they can just decide not to bother. And since there is little or no communication between departments it's next to impossible to get through to anyone to get the decision reviewed.

There is also another possibility, that recent connections in your area have increased the loading on the local network to the point where they can't add any further connections.

All you can really do is keep complaining and hope that someone with sufficient authority will review the case.

By all means leave negative reviews, however all public reviews including the official one from Ofcom already show Virgin Media in a very poor light. And they don't seem to care. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.