cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber Ghost VPN

dek15
Joining in

Hi
I have recently changed to Virgin broadband and my Cyber Ghost VPN will not connect to my broadband using my iPad or iPhone. My Firestick connects ok with the VPN enabled. I used to be with Sky and the VPN connected with no problems

Is there something I need to do. 
thanks

Derek

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

Connect to the Virgin Media online account & make sure "Child Safe" is Disabled.

Account settings >>> Online security >> Web Safe

VPNs are fine for us with :
++ Virus Safe Enabled
++ Child Safe Disabled

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dek15 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sadly VPN's are 3rd party equipment/software that we are unable to offer support with. Sincerest apologies about this!

Thanks to the community for offering support! Hopefully following their advice you are able to get it sorted. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly

my question is not about Cyber Ghost - it is about how Virgin is blocking my use of a VPN. How can I enable a VPN to be used on the Virgin Router. 
thanks 

Derek

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use another DNS and use hub in modem mode with a better router
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not support, nor do they actively block using VPN's, so I doubt if you will get any support regarding your VPN.  

The Hub is a typical ISP supplied device and if the settings for a particular VPN setup are not present in the Firmware, you will not be able to fix it.

You would be better to get another 3rd party Router as suggested?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks