cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut cable while gardening

Pham45
Joining in

Hi accidentally cut the cable while gardening, getting help for this issue via the phone is a challenge due to menu system insistence on running diagnostic checks ?  Is there a quick way to go about getting an engineer visit?  Note there are engineers in the road this Wednesday installing virgin media on a house two doors down, so would be good to combine visits if possible or can I just ask them to take a look to see if it can be quickly repaired  Thanks for help

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try running broadband checks online here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status and if there is no response from the Hub (which there won't be due to the cut cable) you should be able to arrange someone to come out to fix it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pham45, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It does look like you still have working services at the moment, but I'm more than happy to look at getting you an engineer visit - just to note though, as you do not have a total loss of service it will be a £25 call out charge for a non-fault related visit.
Please expect this PM to arrive from me shortly asking you to confirm some security details and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W