cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut cable nightmare

eddie782
Joining in

So disappointed with virgin media, our cable in the garden, which was above ground, got cut and now we’re told that an engineer can’t come out until 28 May. This is utterly unacceptable. I have no access to landline, broadband or to. I work from home, so can’t do any work. What an utter joke virgin is. I see this as a priority that needs fixing but I’m now expected to wait two weeks to get services restored. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Keep trying - there are often cancellations that open up earlier spots... calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sunday) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

A VM person will respond in a day or two and may be able to sort something for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Buy a 4G data-only SIM on a monthly contract and a MiFi router, these will provide the WiFi hotspot for your mobile phones, tablets and laptops. 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Interesting, it got cut, all by itself?

I can see why you would be upset if services went down and it was going to take two weeks to fix, but it sounds like the cable got cut while you were doing some gardening. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is slack in the cable it is a simple fix which a VM tech can do (gel-pac connector which then has to be buried at the site of the break). If it is in a bad location for this, or there is insufficient slack this is then the job is passed to a third party repull contractor. These jobs can take a couple of weeks.

As has been mentioned many times, VM residential is just that. A residential class service with no SLA for fault resolution. Only VMs business service works to an SLA.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eddie782 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I can't offer any guarantees but I certainly want to look into this for you - please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly, asking you to confirm some security questions and we'll continue to discuss this privately.

When you receive this, kindly respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W