Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Cable

lmcclean
Joining in

Hi, 

I live in sheffield.

We don't currently have virgin media. Recently one of our builders accidently cut thevirgin media cable in our garden. This cable was under the ground. They didn't fix it but carried on installing our new patio. So now this cable needs fixing and running along a wall above ground as there is no way for it to be under ground. Can we pay virgin media to fix the cable?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are not a customer, it may be difficult to get VM to action this.  There should be no charge as it's in VM's interest to maintain their own infrastructure.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and hopefully arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you really want an unsightly cable running along your wall, that isn't doing anything?

Just leave it for now. If you should want to use Virginmedia in the future, they will be glad to come and replace the cable at the time. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t bother with it. If you want VM in the future they may well have got around to installing fibre in your location, which would need some new trunking.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2