cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cs3500, 3400 and now 1011

Amybutts
Tuning in

Yesterday my contract moved over to a new one. Tv started showing cs3500 and cs3400 error codes. I called VM who couldn’t help other then ask another team to call me. I thought within 24 hours. Called again today, told it could be up to 5 days. Restarted the VMbox again and now getting cs1011 error message and can’t turn the box onto standby. Can anyone advise? I don’t want it on for 5 days not being used but switch on. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No call back as yes so I’m keeping my tech visit. A bit disappointed I won’t lie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amybutts
Tuning in

I’ve never had them not call back before just frustrated with it being 5days. Every time we get a new contract something goes wrong. Super frustrated 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Amybutts 

When you changed to a new contract did you also change your TV set top box? 

This error often occurs if you are given a new box, or there is a software upgrade to change the box from a V6 to the newer 360.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1011-contactus 

It's likely that the CS1011 account retreival error is because the box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Invariably this needs passing to 2nd level support (the front line agents don't usually have access to the necessary systems) so they can update the systems.  If that fails it usually results in  a tech visit for them to change the box and update the systems.

(CS3400 is content unavailable, and CS3500 is service unavailable) with both of these errors you need to make sure that all the cables are correctly connected to the hub, especially the white coaxial cable, and that the white coaxial is also connected to the VM TV set top box (this can also cause the CS1011 error as the box needs the white coaxial to talk back to VM systems)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey

its the same box, no equipment has changed. 

just would really love to know how to switch the box off without powering off on the back invade they call and I’m at work. 

if I booked a technician visit now, there are options and availability, will I be scolded as I’m technically just waiting for a call currently?

thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Amybutts 

Hopefully you do receive the promised callback, but personally I would book a tech visit. You can always cancel it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I may reassess after the weekend. If I have no call I’ll book a technician 🙂

After this I decided to book a tech visit for Tuesday. I’ll cancel if needed. 

thanks 🙂

Hey Amybutts, thanks for reaching out and sorry to see you are experiencing these error codes. 

Please do keep us updated on the tech visit, also did anyone call you back in the end? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No call back as yes so I’m keeping my tech visit. A bit disappointed I won’t lie