Menu
Highlighted
Dundeederrygirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Crazy pricing

I've been a customer for 18 years, new deal prices have jumped £16 a month any help to reduce it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crazy pricing

new deal prices are for new customers. prices for virgin/sky/bt fluctuate all the time be they for new or current customers depending on many different factors.
0 Kudos
Dundeederrygirl
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I just think it's crazy no change in anything but it's gone from £56 -£71 they have given me a one off credit for £50 but charged n credited it as free installation and set up etc.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of these price rises, in lieu of agreeing another 12mo contract they will offer you a better deal. Also mention that you should be getting a loyal customer discount. Only agree if you like the deal - if not just say no thanks and call back the next day - different agent on a different day = a different deal.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don't bother with retentions, it's a myth you can ask them to reduce your payments, I've been a customer for 15 years plus and they wouldn't do anything for me, as soon as I can move I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@lordwoody wrote:

Don't bother with retentions, it's a myth you can ask them to reduce your payments, I've been a customer for 15 years plus and they wouldn't do anything for me, as soon as I can move I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Always works for me

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lordwoody wrote:

Well very helpful with me.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@lordwoody wrote:

You are wrong - its not a myth - I do it successfully every year or so - and others have also commented it works for them.  Sounds like you got a grumpy agent - just try again the next day - different day= different deal.  I also get a "loyal customer discount" - every time - currently  -£10/mo.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Of course, it also matters what your expectations are.

0 Kudos