cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract starting date

jjvallo
Joining in

Good afternoon

I'm moving into a new property and am planning to purchase a broadband package with virgin media in advance. However, I don't move in for over a month so don't want to pay for something I haven't used or set up yet. When buying broadband, can I choose the start date of the contract?

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Yes you can

You may not be able to order though if there is an active account at the address until it has a disconnection booked. 

Happy to assist you with this to ensure its all set up smoothly on your move in date? Can take a look at install lead times and the address for you too.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks for the quick reply. 
So how can I choose starting date while registering online?It’s asking me when to book an appointment so the engineer can set it up, will that day be the start od my contract?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It may not let you choose a date online if there is an active account at the address as it would need to be disconnected first. Yes the day of install would be the day that your contract starts.

Let me send you a private message so I can check the address over for you and I'll advise you the best way to get this arranged.

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hello jjvallo

Can I ask if you signed up to a broadband deal over the phone following this query? 

I have the same query as you did and have been told I have to join over the phone however I am a bit reluctant, as I prefer to see everything in writing first before giving me details.