Menu
shushanli128
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract start date

I have called Virgin 3 times about this issue. I requested to pick up the QuickStart box on 13th August 2019, however received an email from Virgin confirming for me to pick it up on the 20th August. I called them to change the date and they did. During the call I said that the contract date was wrong, and I needed it to start on the 17th August instead. The first employee told me the contract doesn't start until I activate the QuickStart box. I later checked online to see the contract date had not been changed - so I did not sign it and called again. They said the same thing. The wifi will start as soon as I activate it. I called again today only for the person to tell me the contract started YESTERDAY because I picked up the QuickStart pack already. I have not signed anything and I requested TWICE for the contract date to start on the 17th August. What do I do? I'm being charged even though I requested for it to start later and didn't sign the contract. Surely this is illegal?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract start date

Contract does not start until your device/s is activated. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
shushanli128
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I called them again and it was the same person who I spoke to this morning. They repeated that because I picked up the box yesterday my contract has already started... I asked for written evidence of this clause and a new contract but they haven't sent it yet. What do you think I should do? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just activate the box when you want the contract to start and argue the toss later - its only 3 days after all.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
shushanli128
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Alright - thanks for your help. I'll just activate it on Saturday and see what happens.

0 Kudos