cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewed when moving house

jeremyo2
On our wavelength

I was told my contract would carry on as normal when I moved house. But when I log in and view my current contract it starts from when I moved in and lasts 18 months! which is the length of the full contract. I don't want this.

Some details:

2020 Oct - started 18month contract, should end 2022 april

2021 Aug - moved house, then contract started again.

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Although, yes moving house does start a new contract, as long as you don't change any services at all then this new contract is supposed to be manually updated to reflect the original end date. It does appear that this doesn't always happen - I'll flag it for a member of the forum team to see, who will offer to contact you by direct message to get some details and see what has happened.

John

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jeremyo2 

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

I can take a further look into this for you. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some more information regarding this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Blackrose
Joining in

Hi, I have also faced the same issue. I was told that my contract would stay the same when I moved house. I only discovered that it was changed because my virgin media bill for this month was higher than normal. I also do not want this new contract. I have asked for the transcript of the call I had with the customer service person, I feel like virgin media are scamming people into new contracts. Their website is not useable, most of the links they ask you to click to get to the right information do not work. 

Also, I think they deliberately do not disclose information on their website about how moving affects your contract. Disappointed and looking forward to that transcript in July. Apparently I have to wait 45 days for it.