Menu
Usman234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Continuous delays for installation

I ordered my broadband (m200 package) in November 2020. Every month I keep getting delays due to cable blockages? At the time of writing this post, its been delayed a total of 5 months (i.e 5 times)!

Its really unacceptable, considering that logically speaking, the team coming in December reported a blockage and the team who came in January, February, March and April were not equipped to deal with said blockage?

I have seen openreach engineers digging at the pavement for my neighbour's broadband installation - so there isn't an issue of the council refusing to grant permits to dig the road to clear the blockage. I've  filed a formal complaint a while ago, called customer service, messaged their Instagram account and everyone tells me "we will definitely get it installed this month". Then a couple days before installation I get a text/email saying its been delayed for another 4 weeks.

I've gotten some credit in my account, but I would really much appreciate them to come down and install my broadband instead! Is there anything else I can do to get VM to take action?

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous delays for installation

Hello @Usman234,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry about the delay on getting your services installed.

I have managed to locate your account using the information on your forums account, I have checked and I can see an engineer is booked to install this for you.

Please can you check your online account by clicking here.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Usman234
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley

I hope you are doing well! I think the issue isn't that an engineer is booked to install - its the fact that every month, the engineer booked to install does not come to the property and delays the installation for another month. My next installation is on the 22/04/21, but since they've been delaying it since November 2020, I doubt they will come now!

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Usman234 

I am so sorry to hear this has been delayed. 

I can see the appointment you are referring to and from what I can see there is no reason why it shouldn't be completed. 

Can I ask if you have been given any reasons as to why the appointments have been pushed back in the past? Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Usman234
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash_C

Every month that its been delayed (6months now) they say that its been a cable blockage. I've called both the customer service and the pre-installation teams and no one knows what's going on as every month note someone puts "cable blockage" and delays the install.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to Usman234,

I think we need to look in to this further for you and see if we can email the area field manager for an update or to see if we can find out what is causing these delays.

I will pop you over a private message so I can take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos