cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual delay of Pre pull

robing1977
Tuning in

I ordered Virgin broadband on 14th July. Ever since that date there has been a service request on my order for what I understand is the pre pull of the wires from the pavement for the installation team to connect to my house. That service request as been continually pushed back daily without explanation. Nothing had been done by the time of my first scheduled installation date, and that installation was cancelled an postponed the night before and pushed back to 20th August. But the service request is still there and is still being moved forward daily. No one at the call centre seems able to help. Is there anyone on here from the local installation teams that can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've posted about the same thing recently and I'm almost resigned to my install being pushed back from 20-Aug. If that happens, I might have to cancel as I'm currently without broadband and TV after moving house.

It's the complete lack of communication that's the killer. That and the lack of clarity (read: misleading information bordering on lies) about how quickly the install might happen. I ordered in late July and, when I was signing up, was able to select an installation date that was about 5 days in the future. If those dates clearly aren't available, why let people pick them only to reschedule for 5 weeks later. Then they delay installation because the cowboys haven't turned up when they should have.

If I had known better, I wouldn't have signed up and it's the complete lack of customer service that I think is going to lead to me not even starting my contract when they inevitably pee me off this coming week. Awful start to the relationship with customers.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The best people to contact will be the pre-install team who work Mon - Fri on 0800 052 1734, but from what you are saying this looks like they are wait for permission from the local council to do some works. The cable  actually needs pulling from the green cabinet.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, what would be a reason for the council delaying permission in general? A month seems a long time for what I would assume is a fairly standard and non-contentious request (my next door neighbour has been hooked up for a number of years) If I was Virgin Media I’d be flagging this up to me as ‘out of our control’, but they don’t seem to be and all my frustration at the moment is aimed at Virgin

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Permission can take between 6-8 weeks to be gained from the local council, some councils are at the far end of that some are on the lower end, and with the current climate as well.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is helpful for my understanding. But if that is the realistic timescale for any new install, why was I offered an original installation date just 3 weeks from first order? It seems nonsensical. I’d much rather a company just be honest and realistic from the start, rather than over promise something that in all probability was not achievable 

I've posted about the same thing recently and I'm almost resigned to my install being pushed back from 20-Aug. If that happens, I might have to cancel as I'm currently without broadband and TV after moving house.

It's the complete lack of communication that's the killer. That and the lack of clarity (read: misleading information bordering on lies) about how quickly the install might happen. I ordered in late July and, when I was signing up, was able to select an installation date that was about 5 days in the future. If those dates clearly aren't available, why let people pick them only to reschedule for 5 weeks later. Then they delay installation because the cowboys haven't turned up when they should have.

If I had known better, I wouldn't have signed up and it's the complete lack of customer service that I think is going to lead to me not even starting my contract when they inevitably pee me off this coming week. Awful start to the relationship with customers.

Update: after a few more roll forwards of the service request date, out of the blue the pre-pull guys have just turned up at my door to do the work for the installation due on the 20th. Relieved.

Nice! Hopefully you'll be up and running on time.

No sign of anybody here yet. Did you end up calling somebody or did they just show up unannounced?

I got a text this morning about the engineer visit for the installation, but unless the pre-pull guys show up tomorrow or the day after, it will be a waste of their time. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

No, I heard nothing from anyone until they knocked on my door. I did email my local councillor last night to see if that had any impact, but I’d be amazed if it wasn’t just a coincidence. I had the standard automated text message about the installation this morning, but I don’t think it means much in terms of the pre pull as I got it last time before it all got postponed the night before. Good luck to you!

Alex35
Joining in

I'm having the same problem, getting so frustrated at the lack of accountability. At the beginning of April I let Virgin know i was moving house at the end of April - despite that 3/4 week notice, I'm now nearly 3 weeks without internet and no end in sight. I've had multiple cancelled pre-pulls, "construction issues" which turned out to be incorrect, and now I'm being told a "re-pull" needs to happen at the end of May after the "pre-pull" before my services can be installed (why don't they just do it at the same time??). Getting nowhere talking to the pre-installation team, they aren't helpful at all and just explain the history on my account (which I of course already know having talked to them everyday for an hour for the last 3 weeks) and/or hang up on me. I keep getting told someone will be coming to do pre-pull today, but they never turn up. Given all these delays, you'd think Virgin would do their best to make it a priority and bring it forward to avoid further delay