Menu
Mel_Rankin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Construction issue, no information given despite trying to speak to everyone possible!

I moved house on the 15th July and have tried to bring Virgin Media with me. I was told my installation date was delayed and there was a construction issue. I then got a letter saying installation had been rescheduled to 14th August (yesterday). 

Yesterday came but no-one from Virgin did so I called customer service who said no-one is coming and we don't have any record of anyone ever coming on that date. I had spoken to someone on the phone before I moved who assured me it would be in that timeframe so I shouldn't leave for another supplier. She has lied to me to stop me leaving as when I spoke to them yesterday I was told no-one was ever coming, can't tell me what work is being done or when it will be done by. It's ridiculous. 

I was also charged for the last month despite having NO SERVICES. 

I want to know what the construction team is doing and when it will actually be done, even an estimate. Just some information. I have been misled to believe that it would be done in this timeframe and it hasn't. I imagine there's no record of that conversation either. 

Is it likely that another supplier would need to do similar work or is it just because it's Virgin?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction issue, no information given despite trying to speak to everyone possible!

Its just because its virgin.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction issue, no information given despite trying to speak to everyone possible!

Hi Mel_Rankin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of what's happening with the construction work. 

Normally the timescales are 6-8 weeks, depending on the work that is needed, and also the permits etc. 

Have you been advised of a new install date? 

Kind regards, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos