cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant red light on white superhub 3

D_l_l_a
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have a red light on Superhub 3, which i think means it is faulty/overheating?

I've rebooted many times, unplugged and left off overnight and it doesn't change. I do have a broadband signal, but feel it drops suddenly throughout the day. I've also been experiencing some buffering on tv/recordings. The hub has been in the same position since I got it, on top of a unit with plenty of free space round about it.

I've tried to contact Virgin using the Whatsapp function on the website but it says I don't have Whatsapp on my phone... which I do... so can't contact them that way. And it seems there isn't a number to call anymore?

If it is faulty and overheating, I am concerned re safety but I can't contact anyone to get help! 😩

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @D_l_l_a,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear you're having some issues with your router.

Is the red light on your router constant and solid red, or is it flashing red? Along with this, does the router seem hot to the touch? Is it in a well ventilated area and away from any other source of heat?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

D_l_l_a
On our wavelength

Hi Zach, thanks for replying.

The red light is not flashing, it is solid red.

The hub is warm but doesn't feel very hot to touch, but i'm not sure what it should feel like or if it has changed at all.

It is positioned on top of a cabinet with nothing close to it. It has been in this position for over a year with no issues up until now.

Hope this helps?

D_l_l_a
On our wavelength

Anyone able to help?

Don't like the idea that this thing is overheating and could be a safety hazard.

Is there any way to contact Virgin technical services? Is there a number I can call and speak to an actual person? 😁

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

saw your other post and came here - no idea why Zach has not got back so will flag the thread - someone will get to this or your other thread - the hub needs changing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello D_l_l_a

Sorry for the late reply 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you and arrange for the hub to be swapped 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello D_l_l_a

Thanks for letting me know it has all been resolved 

Glad to hear the hub got swapped out 

Should you need anything else 

Were only a post away 

Gareth_L