Menu
TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Pre installation delays

Hello Ayisha_B

Have you had any progress on this? I really Need an internet connection and if it's not being done this time I will have to get an alternative 

Many thanks, 

Tim 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming back.

I'm afraid that Ayisha isn't in today, however I have popped her over an email and asked if she can chase this up for you once she's online 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Any news on this? The pre-pull is due tomorrow and I have not heard anything so I am concerned this will not happen again...

Thanks

Tim  

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TimColl1,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some further details from you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It's ok everyone VM have PROMISSED me it will be done this week so that's all good 

0 Kudos
TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I, for one and SHOCKED i tell you... VM have moved my installation again... this will now be three months of waiting for installation 

0 Kudos
TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TimColl1,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Apologies for the delay in response. However, as Zach is not in today, I have been looking into this for you.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details about your install. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TimColl1
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello!!

For anyone following this thread - just to say that my installation has been put back yet again... now due at the end of September...4 months after the order.

I really think VM WANT me to cancel the order to save them the hassle of having to do any work. Needless to say I m not even going to consider cancelling my order (you have 14 days to cancel once the service has been installed if it's no good).

Beyond a joke...

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

unfortunately you will get little info - delays happen and its not always down to VM - lets be clear i am in no way defending their system - its not joined up in any way - info is not passed to whoever needs its so you the customer can be left in limbo - have you any info what the problem is - if its a blockage then a council permit is needed to dig and sort it - add 6 weeks minimum for that plus a bit more for the construction team to actually do the work once the permit is granted - thats assuming the work is simple and roads do not have to be closed - i.e digging the pavement up - but if the blockage is more complicated or in a road or more critically [say] across an entrance to a school or hospital then the time can escalate

unfortunately you will be hard pushed to get any info - the best you can hope for is the construction crew have marked the blockage with green paint on the pavement or road - but that does not always happen afaik

so patience is something you need to apply - if VM are still giving you an install date however far in the future then it should happen - if they wanted rid of you they would simply mark your address as unserviceable - thats unlikely to happen as the duct not only serves you but other customers and other potential customers so the will [in their own time] want the duct serviceable 

Tony