cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Pre installation delays

TimColl1
On our wavelength

I've had an ongoing saga of my pre installation dates being moved every day for over a month now, when it gets too close to the installation date they bump that by a few weeks...and then the cycle beings again. 

I am so tired of getting the same script from the chat and the phone lines, no one actually knows what is going on, I only get people telling me what the system says which I am perfectly capable of doing myself by logging on to my account!

I also am so annoyed that the script involves the staff 'promising' and 'assuring me' that it will be done by the date it says when it really won't...

I just want an honest conversation with someone who actually knows what they are talking about to give me a realistic timeframe of when it will be installed! 

25 REPLIES 25

TimColl1
On our wavelength

Hello Ayisha_B

Have you had any progress on this? I really Need an internet connection and if it's not being done this time I will have to get an alternative 

Many thanks, 

Tim 

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming back.

I'm afraid that Ayisha isn't in today, however I have popped her over an email and asked if she can chase this up for you once she's online 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

TimColl1
On our wavelength

Hello,

Any news on this? The pre-pull is due tomorrow and I have not heard anything so I am concerned this will not happen again...

Thanks

Tim  

Hi @TimColl1,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused here. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some further details from you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

TimColl1
On our wavelength

It's ok everyone VM have PROMISSED me it will be done this week so that's all good 

TimColl1
On our wavelength

I, for one and SHOCKED i tell you... VM have moved my installation again... this will now be three months of waiting for installation 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TimColl1,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Apologies for the delay in response. However, as Zach is not in today, I have been looking into this for you.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details about your install. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello!!

For anyone following this thread - just to say that my installation has been put back yet again... now due at the end of September...4 months after the order.

I really think VM WANT me to cancel the order to save them the hassle of having to do any work. Needless to say I m not even going to consider cancelling my order (you have 14 days to cancel once the service has been installed if it's no good).

Beyond a joke...

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

unfortunately you will get little info - delays happen and its not always down to VM - lets be clear i am in no way defending their system - its not joined up in any way - info is not passed to whoever needs its so you the customer can be left in limbo - have you any info what the problem is - if its a blockage then a council permit is needed to dig and sort it - add 6 weeks minimum for that plus a bit more for the construction team to actually do the work once the permit is granted - thats assuming the work is simple and roads do not have to be closed - i.e digging the pavement up - but if the blockage is more complicated or in a road or more critically [say] across an entrance to a school or hospital then the time can escalate

unfortunately you will be hard pushed to get any info - the best you can hope for is the construction crew have marked the blockage with green paint on the pavement or road - but that does not always happen afaik

so patience is something you need to apply - if VM are still giving you an install date however far in the future then it should happen - if they wanted rid of you they would simply mark your address as unserviceable - thats unlikely to happen as the duct not only serves you but other customers and other potential customers so the will [in their own time] want the duct serviceable 

Tony.
Sacked VIP