cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Drop Outs / Disconnections

zhen7
Dialled in

Since this morning, I'm getting constant disconnections, 

I called tech support but no help was given.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.pngUntitled5.pngUntitled6.png

5 REPLIES 5

zhen7
Dialled in

Now it’s completely down & no Internet in the space of about 30-40 minutes & constant disconnections. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Stats look ok - post the logs but erase the MAC addresses.

What are the various Hub lights doing?

Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check?

Finally, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

This happens every 4-6 months.

Connection is absolutely solid, then, constant drop outs until an engineer visits the exchange/hub.

The hub just losses connection to the internet, reboots/reconnects, constantly happening every few minutes for the past hour.

Untitled7.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is reported on the 0800 number?

Are ethernet cable connections dropping too - or not?

Post the BQM link so the network drops will be clearly visible to all. Looks like the logs are not populating

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi zhen7 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing an intermittent internet connection.  We have located your account from here and I cannot find anything that explains the drop outs you're experiencing.  Can you confirm if they're still happening?  Also are these issues WiFi only or the internet signal as a whole?

Regards

Lee_R