cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connetion to hub 5

dinkybobs
Joining in

Hi, got a problem with my hub 5.

I got a replacement hub due to one having a flashy white light. Put the new hub in and its just going through the cycle of lights white/ pulsing, red blue. 

I've rung "support arranged an engineer who was coming yesterday 7/3/22 but that got changed to next Monday.

The problem seems to be that the white cable which fits to the hub is crumples and twisted at the connection point.

I think this is the root of the problem, I want to cut the fitting off and reattach it hopefully solving my problem.

Are these cables easy to cut and are the fittings easy to replace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't interfere with the white cable as it would be against the Ts and Cs as far as I understand them. Try a pinhole reset or else wait for the forum team here. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't interfere with the white cable as it would be against the Ts and Cs as far as I understand them. Try a pinhole reset or else wait for the forum team here. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The type of cable fittings used by VM are usually crimped on and once removed cannot be reattached.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

but thinking sideways maybe its not the cable - have you activated the new hub - 0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi dinkybobs,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry, that you're having issues connecting your new SH5, we can certainly understand the frustration this issue is causing.

Did we cancel the appointment for the 7th of March or was this a re-schedule request? 

As our valued members @Cardiffman281and @Tudor, we would not suggest removing the cable and re-attaching yourself. If any problems occur, you would be charged for this to be fixed.

As our member @ -tony- has made a great point, have you checked to make sure the new SH5 has been activated correctly?

Kind regards Jodi.