Menu
Brod67
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connections for v6 box

I have just been offered an upgrade with v6 tv box. I do not currently have tv through virgin. I explained that my tv is a long way from my hub and only stream tv via wifi at present. The lady from virgin said I do not need to connect box other than hdmi to tv and power. Is this correct as all videos I have seen say you need tv input?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connections for v6 box

the v6 needs to be connected via coax and connected to the hub either via wired or wireless
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Brod67
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I was told a bit of a lie then. Will phone them tomorrow to cancel the upgrade. Don't really want cables around the living room. I suppose they could run the cable around the outside of the house but will need a fair amount of cable. Will see what they say.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM will install their coax cable wherever you want it. It’s up to you to use either WiFi, powerline connectors or direct Ethernet cable to the VM hub, which does not have to be in the same place as the V6. Ethernet cable is fairly thin and easily hidden. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos