cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues every saturday?

MattOzgCov
Tuning in

Hi, 

My Virgin Hub 3.0 seems to be resetting or whatnot every saturday around the same time, between 9 and 10 am. It’s clearly the Hub because I keep dying in an online game the exact same way. Is it possible to check what’s happening, and/or change the time to less disturbing one? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A couple of things to do.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

After this setup a BQM to monitor the connection   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Post the power levels and network log from the Hub.

Finally, how are you connecting, wired or wireless?  It could be external interference if using wifi.?  The BQM will record any disconnects etc.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MattOzgCov,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're facing issues with the Hub.

From checking our service I can't seem to find any relation to the problem.

Are you able to post what Adduxi has advised above so we can see some readings?

Thanks,

Kain

Thanks for your replies.

I contacted my landlord because none of the passwords on the bottom of the hub seem to be working but for some reason he’s not providing me with the login details. 

The first time this happened was exactly 09:06 am on Friday the 18th of Feb, the next one 10:45 last Saturday, the 26th. The first time the hub went all off, I haven’t touched it, and it connected again 30-40 minutes later (update or something). The second time, I received 1.5-2.0k ping for a few seconds, the TeamSpeak3 froze for a bit and disconnected, and after less than a minute it was back to normal. 

I’m completely green but I was just wondering if anybody would be able to tell me what the issue MIGHT BE before I start a tyrade with the landlord or get my own broadband. And also if this might be some kind of restart that hubs do at certain time (and if I’d be able to change it to less disturbing one), or maybe the second time was just a random ping spike?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MattOzgCov wrote:

I contacted my landlord because none of the passwords on the bottom of the hub seem to be working but for some reason he’s not providing me with the login details. 

Hi @MattOzgCov 

If you've performed a full 60 second reset as advised by @Adduxi  then the hub should have been factory reset and the passwords on the base of the hub will work.

To log into the hub open a browser window and type in 192.168.0.1

Enter the WiFi network name from the base, it will be someting like VM1234567

Then enter the Settings password (NOT the WiFi password) then you can copy paste as text the information requested into this thread.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MattOzgCov,

Thanks for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing issue with your Hub resetting.

Have you followed the advise that @Adduxi suggested and reset your Hub? Once this has been done, as @newapollo suggested, the passwords on the bottom of the Hub will work.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any more assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs