Menu
scottty87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection Issues! Flashing Green light of Doom!!!

Hi all.... new VM customer here after many many years! I have installed our hub and box as per the instructions but I can't seem to get past the flashing green light of Doom! 

I have attached an image of the isolator cable going into the old wall box... maybe I'm wrong here????  Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction!!!

20190727_150846.jpg

0 Kudos
scottty87
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Issues! Flashing Green light of Doom!!!

20190727_150846.jpg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I presume it’s a self install to a property that had VM installed previously. Have you phone VM to activate the Hub3? If so, there is a possibility that the cable has been disconnected at the street box. You need a technician to rectify, please call customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
scottty87
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey cheers for the reply. Yes called them to get the Hub activated, everything seems connected correctly so as you say, must be disconnected at the street box. 

VM are sending an engineer out on Tuesday to hopefully get us connected so not too bad, good service I must say. Really appreciated the advice! 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to back up Tudor, you need an Engineer. Which you have booked so cushty. Make sure they fit a proper wall outlet with isolator at the place the cable is hanging out of the wall....looks like the original has gone walkabout....

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep, users here are ready to help or point you in the right direction. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos