Menu
B3nny
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connecting virgin

Hello

i have recently purchased a Samsung smart TV, UHD 4K ready blah blah, it comes with 2 HDMI ports. I use HDMI 1 for virgin media and HDMI 2 for our surround sound system. I also have an Xbox One which I use the HDMI cable from the virgin box to plug into my Xbox, so it plays from HDMI 1. Each time I swap the cables back and plug it back into the virgin box I have to re-set up virgin media on the smart TV again. Literally every single time.

wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows what to do? Fed up of having to always set everything back up

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting virgin

Buy an HDMI switch. HDMI cables are not designed to be constantly plugged in and out, their MTBF is low.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting virgin

I'm not surprised, some Samsung TVs expect the same thing connected to the same HDMI port at all times. Once you've disconnected and connected another device it forgets about the previous device. 

You probably need an intelligent HDMI switch, but note that this could still cause you some problems, you just have to try and see. Whatever you do, don't get the cheapest one you can from poundland or similar, it's literally the same thing as doing it manually and will cause problems. 

0 Kudos