cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting phone toHub 4

Romseyman
Joining in

I can’t get a connection from my phone to the hub although it recognises the hub number. !Everything else works ok.

I do not have an internal box,just one cable coming into the house from an old box mounted on the outside wall at the front of the house, which is nothing like the installation diagrams. 

I have an O2 sim in my phone and when I use the app to connect it show a virgin phone with a line through it.

I have rebooted the hub , used the reset buttons and spent hours trying to solve the issue.

help please!!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you referring to connecting a VM landline to the port on the back of the Hub4?

Or, connecting a mobile phone to the Hub4's internet via wifi and the O2 SIM?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, thanks for responding. It’s neither of those, they are both working fine.

My problem is that when I try to use the additional services using the connect app my phone will not link to the new  hub  4.

I have followed the instructions to the letter many times but it won’t connect.

I now have a new O2 sim in my phone( part of the package)

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been an update to the Hub4 firmware to be able to use the app. I do not know how far it has been distributed. Nearly are the functions are available by logging onto the hub with a web browser, either 192.168.0.1 in router mode or 192.168.100.1 in modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the info.

I wish virgin could have been so helpful.

Would have saved me a few hours of frustration!!!