cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting from Catv cover on pavement to driveway

Greenslate
Tuning in

For a VM installation I require to run the cable under my driveway , there are no Catv covers adjacent to my driveway , they are located by the driveways of my neighbours either side , is it possible to pull a cable from either of these Catv taps to present at the top of my drive were I will dig a trench to go under the driveway , thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A pavement tee (which is not a CATV cover) is not always opposite a house, sometimes it's on the boundary of two houses, no problem as multiple cables can be pulled from the cabinet through the same Tee.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Greenslate

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding Catv covers required for a Virgin Media Installation. Just to clarify: do you have a Virgin Media order placed?

If so, any work that needs doing will be arranged by the appropriate teams.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena

i do not have a order placed , before I go ahead with an order I wanted to ascertain it was feasible to run the coax cable from the Catv cover of the next door neighbour and present at the top of my drive. There are Catv covers outside both adjacent neighbours so I presume there is some ducting between the two and the cable can be pushed down it to present at my driveway. I just need this confirming as I do not want to waste anybody’s time if this is not possible , thanks.

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Greenslate 

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance with this, I can check this for you if needed.

I can see you were speaking with @Serena_C do you need further help or did you get it sorted?

Thank you

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Joe

Someone did contact me but I just got a sales pitch , just need to know if the virgin coax cable can be presented underground to my driveway , once this is clarified I will look to put in a order if it can be achieved , thanks.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is a service duct running under the pavement then there are two scenarios.

1) There is a service tee already there but nothing on the surface.

2) There is no tee off of the service duct.

The pre-pull team will investigate if a tee already exists, or if a new one is required at the location. They will not need to touch the tees used by your neighbours. However, VM will not do any work until an order is placed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks nodrogd , that answers my question

A pavement tee (which is not a CATV cover) is not always opposite a house, sometimes it's on the boundary of two houses, no problem as multiple cables can be pulled from the cabinet through the same Tee.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection