cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting cables different

sarahannemcc
Joining in

2DE61E25-1175-417E-9C60-DD2395383F62.jpeg

I received my virgin broadband yesterday and am extremely frustrated as I cannot figure out how to set it up! The previous tenants had virgin media and had it set up in the same place I am trying ti set it up. The cable out of the wall is a spinner connector but the one provided in the broadband box is a push connector with a prong in it. I tried to call for assistance where i was transferred an astonishing 7 times then hung up on! Please can someone help me with how to get my internet sorted? Pic below of the two different cables, one on the right is the one attached to the wall which requires you to screw/rotate to attach, one on the left is the one with the box that is just push to connect. Already regretting my choice of going with virgin.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The existing cable will screw onto the VM Hub as a temp measure to get you going with Internet and Wifi.

To fit the Quick Start cables, you will need this adapter . https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

This will screw into the existing cable and allow you to push fit the Quick Start cable kit etc.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sarahannemcc

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and installation and a big thank you to @Adduxi for their help and advise so far. 

How are things looking now? Have you been able to arrange the installation since your last post? 

Thank you. 

I have a friend with a hub 3 the cable has snapped at the f connector anyone know where to buy them as everywhere I’ve been to don’t have the larger size f plug 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should use one supplied by VM. Get your friend to phone in and report it as a fault. They should be able to send a replacement out to your friend.