cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to another households router

wilber_force
Superfast

Am I imagining things or was I able to link to another households VM router.  I believe BT customers can. 

19 REPLIES 19

Resonate
On our wavelength

Hi,

Yes I'm sorted.  But inly after an email to your executive team.  After that things started magically happening.. 🙂

Sadly, my issue isn't supported, but as I have Android 11, I'm a bit stuck currently. Oh well. 

When might it be sorted I wonder. 

Good Evening @wilber_force, can you please confirm if you've been able to opt into sharing your hub as a Wi-Fi hotspot?

Do you have any devices that have the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

My old phone which was on Andriod 8.1, I think, was fine at connecting but my new phone on Android 11 does not.

Hi @wilber_force, thanks for getting back to us.

Have you had any success since posting?  Also, as my colleague and your fellow community members have suggested, is it an issue with connecting to WiFi hotspots, or are you attempting to do something else, but similar?

Regards

Lee_R

I'm afraid I'm no further forward.

I am unable to connect to other routers which I understand I should be able to and used to be able to sit but as said earlier, it was using a pre Android 11 device. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again @wilber_force, thanks for the reply.
Could you please confirm if you have downloaded our VM Connect App so far?
Please, visit this page and download the App if you haven't done this already and make sure you're using the latest version on your Android and the App.

You can then find the option to opt in for WiFi hotspots and enable your hub being seen as a WiFi hot-spot for other VM users, this will allow you to log in to other routers nearby where users have activated the hotspot option.

Please, give this a try and let us know how you get on.
Happy to assist you further if you need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the latest version of the app for the VM Connect App, as well as the software on the phone.   But on that point, I am sure I saw something about there being an issue with Andriod 11.  I am therefore assuming I won't get this working until VM sort it on their side of the fence.

And yes, I have tried it against other VM routers, with no joy.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wilber_force 

The ios version of the  VM Connect  app has just been updated so that users of the hub4 can connect using their ios devices

See <<< this post >>>   I would expect that the android update won't be very far behind.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've recently been forced to install Android version 12 on my phone and it appears I can do what I used to be able to do on my previous phone.