cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect laptop to 'Virgin Media' hotspot

GSA12riderVM
Tuning in

Just had ANOTHER typical VM customer service experience sadly.
Spent ages with a rep who couldn't answer my questions, following her 'Workflow' that didn't give her the answers she needed.
Was eventually put through to Mukash in Fault Management, on a terrible line with interference, who was one of the rudest customer service people I have ever dealt with.
He absolutely typified someone just trying to fob off a customer with jargon, but I've been in IT for 30 years, so that didn't work.
I have full VM package plus a VM mobile and spend ~£130 per month on it, and just need to know how to the detailed connection information to use 'Virgin Media' hotspots for my Windows laptop.
Any help would be much appreciated, as I have tried several times with Customer Services and they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
At this point, I'm pretty much ready to try Sky which my sister recommends.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

There is no 'detailed connection information', you just install the app and your phone or tablet will immediately connect.

Hot spots are not intended for laptop use.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was a manual method of logging in to Hotspots. I have linked to the post below.

You will have to try it & see if it still works.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Use-Virgin-Media-Wifi-Hotspot-On-Mac/m-p/34... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The virginmedia hotspots are designed to work hand in hand with the connect app on a mobile device, I am afraid it will not work or enable connecting to a laptop.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/virgin-media-connect-app

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

There is no 'detailed connection information', you just install the app and your phone or tablet will immediately connect.

Hot spots are not intended for laptop use.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was a manual method of logging in to Hotspots. I have linked to the post below.

You will have to try it & see if it still works.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Use-Virgin-Media-Wifi-Hotspot-On-Mac/m-p/34... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993