cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app not finding my Hub 5

Crosby
On our wavelength

I have just set up my Hub 5, everything working as normal and devices connected but my Connect app can’t find it.

I have tried rebooting the Hub, deleting and re installing the app, downloading the app to a tablet, checking I am connected to the wifi network and not mobile data but nothing.

I have upgrade to Volt recently could there be a lag updating something, the connect app worked find with my old Hub. 

Any ideas - I see others have also had issues.

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Crosby, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you on the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your new Hub 5 isn't connecting within the Connect App. It can take a few days for new hubs to update however if it's been a few days then refreshing things should help. 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Crosby
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting back to me.

It appears I just needed to be patient, after a couple of days trying to connect with no luck I tried again but this time it worked.

I probably waited 48 hours and now everything is working as it should be with the Connect app.