cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect TV to hub

Richard2
Joining in

I am looking to rejoin virgin.  My cable for the router is in the study but my TV is on other side of the house.  Can they be connected by WiFi?, as I can't see how I will get an hdmi cable to connect them as it will need to be 20m long!

Any ideas appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for your post and thanks for considering joining us again. 

So the set top box would need the coax cable running to it so you can get the live tv channels. The box connects to the wifi just for the purpose of catch up, on demand, apps and tv guide.

Have you considered us arranging you a pre install site survey so we can show you exactly how we'll install it, and to ensure that the wifi will reach to the set top box. You'll be able to ask the engineer any other questions you have too. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for your post and thanks for considering joining us again. 

So the set top box would need the coax cable running to it so you can get the live tv channels. The box connects to the wifi just for the purpose of catch up, on demand, apps and tv guide.

Have you considered us arranging you a pre install site survey so we can show you exactly how we'll install it, and to ensure that the wifi will reach to the set top box. You'll be able to ask the engineer any other questions you have too. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more