cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App not finding hub5

NCJW
Joining in

I have seen a few posts with a similar issue. I have made sure I am connected to my WiFi and also rebooted the hub and deleted/restored the app on my iPad. The issue still remains and occurs on my iPhone as well. There are reports of some users having this specific issue but does anyone know the exact issue and status?

All was fine until about a week ago.

8 REPLIES 8

Portery
Fibre optic

Does this link connect to you hub 

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Yes that link does connect to the hub and measures the speeds.

You can use the link and it will log the speeds you are measuring. The connect app uses the same tester if you are looking to order pods and the connect app is not helping I would wait for a mod or contact customer service. The hub 5 is new and it works for some and decides not to work for other people. 

All was fine until recently but can’t remember if there was a Connect app update. I have WiFi pods and the app was great in showing what was connected to either the hub or pods. Just frustrating that it has stopped working. An earlier post had said it could be a known issue but just can’t find out anymore. Maybe someone from Virgin sees the post and can advise. Thank you for your help.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Portery

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the connect app.

If you pinhole reset the hub and also reinstall the app after this, are you still unable to get the hub to show on the app? Please do keep us updated

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have done the pin hole reset with the Connect App deleted. Re-downloaded the App and it still won’t find the hub. 
When looking for it the app does show the correct MAC address for the hub so at a loss why it won’t find it.

Hi @NCJW thanks for your reply here.

Please try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App.

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.
Pop back and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Tom_W

Thank you Tom

I am on iOS 16 so deleted the app and restarted/ reloaded as you suggested.

Still have the issue so perhaps I am a user that is affected by the known issue. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

if you hear anything please let me know.

Thamks again.