Menu
Highlighted
ericcdb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Confused about joining vm

I spoke to someone on the phone about a month ago about joining vm, i had heard very good things from my neighbours who live on the street next to us so i thought i would give them a try. However while looking online I realised that vm wasn't on my street. Thinking it was kind of odd seeing as they are on every street surrounding us by the looks of it I gave them a ring to see if there is anything they could do. At the same time telling my neighbours who live on my street about vm they all seemed really exited. We currently have really bad service from openreach here constantly having to have someone come and fix it all up the street, I know for sure many people would be interested. While I was on the phone to them they said they would call back in a few days with details about my street and if they could provide service and if so what it would be. Waited about 2 weeks and decided that I should just call to see whats happening. I spoke to someone for about 10 mins explaining the whole situation and to my joy he told me that vm would be coming to my street within 6 months. Very happy I went and told my neighbours who had also been waiting to join vm that it should be coming to our street soon, this was about a week ago now. However today I looked online at: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/comingsoon/ which said that there were no plans to come to my area? Very confused and a little disheartened I again called up vm asking if what it said was true, I have now been told that there is no plans to come to my street. Not exactly sure what to do now its not like i'm living in some remote area Im in north London. No one seemed to be able to give me a concrete reason as to why it would not be viable on my street because I know a majority of them are so bored of having such bad broadband speeds and reliability that they would change over in a second. Could someone get back to me and tell me what is actually happening on my street please! 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about joining vm

the "6 months" answers was probably a non-informed guess just to get you off the phone.
if there are currently no plans then you won't be getting it i'm afraid.
there are plans to do any "in fill" work.

reasons for missing out a street can vary, but usually down to it being deemed not financially viable.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ericcdb,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry about any confusion. 

I would recommend going off the link you have. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The best that you and your neighbours can do is submit the cable my street form.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/register/w120aj

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos