cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concealing installation cables

Nig70
Joining in

Hello,

We are currently undergoing a major refurbishment. We have a small plantroom in the middle of the property which includes the data switch where I would like to install my virgin router.

We are pouring a screed on the ground floor this week and are looking to install some ducting (with draw wires) from the perimeter of the house where the virgin cable will enter to the plantroom. So at a later date Virgin can pull through their cable through to the plantroom to the internal termination point. Is this an acceptable method of installation for Virgin? Does the internal ducting need to be to a particular specification?

Also is there any way to avoid the external termination box.... the brown box? Can the external cable be brought into our house via the ducting (to the appropriate specification) which is buried in the screed and the place the external termination point within the plantroom?

Manyt hanks,

Nigel

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cabling VM use internally & externally is different. Internal cables have additional screening. The drop box also makes it easy to replace the drop line if the cable gets damaged.

The job is also carried out by two separate teams. The cable pull contractors only work up to the front wall. VMs install techs do the rest on a separate visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks