cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex installation

Dormiensdraco
Tuning in

Just moved into a new house and decided to go with virgin for broadband as BT speeds are really slow in the area. The previous owner has set up a UniFi network but the box for that is a distance from where the virgin line will come into the house. The previous owner has set up a pull through from a crawl space where the virgin will likely come into (it’s about 4ft high with a small hatch to get to it.)

main question is will the standard engineer be ok with drilling into the crawl space and then pulling through the wire to get to the UniFi box (about 20m I would guess) or am I better ringing virgin and explaining all this beforehand.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just install your own conduits and pull ropes for the VM technician to use. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dormiensdraco,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for you post.

Our Engineers will always do their best to work with you to get things up and running and installed exactly the way you want them. However, it is at their discretion as to how your cabling is installed as sometimes they don't have the necessary tools, or may believe it could affect your services in the future.

As mentioned previously, if it's a case of where you just want the wire pulling through a single conduit pipe, you may wish to complete this bit of work yourself. For added comfort, it may be worth getting a Technician out to perform a site survey - the downside to this is that it can delay your installation.

I'm going to pop you a PM to get some more details regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ