Menu
Annphill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Complaint over customer service

I am absolutely discussed  with the customer service I have received from Virgin and I have only been with them for one day! 

The technician that came to fit the broadband did not ensure it was working correctly and left. I can only get a wifi signal in one room which the router is installed.

I phoned customer service last night to try and get this resolved and they told me someone out be out at 4:30 the next day. I then came home at 4:15 to find a note from the technician to say to call him and when I did I got no answer after several attempts and voicemail. He then text an hour and a half later saying he could come tomorrow but when I text the time I got no response .

In the interim I called customer services again and was put on hold for 40 minutes and then it cut off. The second call was the same again on hold for over 40 minutes. 

My final call I was transferred back and forth from 4 different departments spoke to 5 different people and after 2 hours the last person I spoke to hung up after I said i did not want to be put onto hold again. 

How do I actually cancel virgin media? I have not been able to get through to anyone who can resolve my issue.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint over customer service

When it works, Vermin Media is actually quite good - but as you've found the company is useless at communicating with customers, and it is often difficult to speak with UK based staff able to resolve problems.  If the speed or package is important, I suggest you hang on in there, give VM a chance to get things working. 

If you have the option of a decent Openreach connection, and the VM package isn't anything special, then you may be better off leaving, but if you want good customer service don't make the mistake of going with another big, faceless corporation like Sky, BT/EE/Plusnet, Talktalk or their ilk, as they all have much the same poor customer service - choose a smaller ISP like Zen Internet, Aquiss, or Uno.  As a rule these smaller ISPs don't offer the attractive initial discounts that the big companies lure customers with, but don't then stab you with a huge price rise after twelve months, so expect smaller ISPs to look more expensive (you get what you pay for).

Also, if you decide you do want to leave, you need to notify VM that you're leaving within the two week cancellation period that (if memory serves me correctly) all contracts start with.  If you wait until you are outside that period, then VM will demand an "exit penalty" near enough the same as the total cost of the contract, so you need to decide immediately whether VM get to fix things, or whether you've seen enough and you're leaving immediately - check your T&Cs.  It used to be the case that contacting UK staff was as easy as dialling 150 from a VM landline, selecting options 1, 1, 4, 5 and that got you through to the UK based "retention" team during UK call centre hours, and they are generally good at resolving problems, but if not they would be the people to cancel with.  A recent call of mine wouldn't go through to that team directly until I'd reset my telephone password via the offshore staff, so be aware of that niggle.

Failing that, there's an address to cancel in writing here.

Annphill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to add have now been on hold for 50 minutes minutes waiting on the cancellation team.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Evening Annphill, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear of the start you've had, certainly not the experience we'd want for you.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this for you. (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Get back to me when you can,

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Annphill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Alex_RM

I dont have any messages? 

0 Kudos
jamiedean83
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to add my 2p, they're the worst company i've ever dealt with over the phone. Hour phone calls every single time and I'm now on my ninth phone call, every sodding time I get put on hold I get cut off, the last phone call I told them I want to leave and in the process of the lady offering a retention deal the phones went dead - funny how they have a 30 day notice period but its capable of happening in minutes. Grrr, its amazing as the possibility of having terrible service time after time just shouldn't be possible doesn't anyone in the call centres give a rats bottom? 

0 Kudos
tecky7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here

I waited for 6 hours over 4 days and their system cut me off.

They getting worst every day practically same as Scottish Power Customer Service waiting 2 hours or more for a answer.

0 Kudos