cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint ongoing for 4 months

Sen1977
Joining in

I have had an issue with the connection feed for the broadband that feeds into my property. I have had three visits from engineers and neither of them have been able to resolve the issue as they have to access the roof of my block of flats. I have raised numerous complaints, each one being closed one after the other without my consent as the problem had never been resolved. I have found that it is near impossible to speak to a member of your management team to get an explanation as to why the work can't be carried out. One of your more honest agents disclosed that the issue was that your engineers do not have access to a ladder and therefore are unable to access the roof to undertake the necessary work. I have found the entire process stressful and would like to speak to a manager and seek compensation for the inconvenience and substandard service that I have been paying for and more importantly get the box on the roof repaired!

22 REPLIES 22

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm wondering how the installation was done in the first place. Virgin Media staff are not trained or equipped to work at height and will usually not do such installations.

Is there an internal access to the roof for building maintenance?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Typically what happens is that the engineer arrives but the door to the roof is locked by building maintenance, and since maintenance is typically not there at the time VM turn up, they have to leave as they have no access to the equipment.

I'd ask for a deadlock letter so you can goto CISAS and request termination of contract on the grounds of unsuitability.

There is no issue with them accessing the roof. All they need is a ladder.

As has been explained virgin engineers are not trained or insured to work above 1st floor level.

There must be an alternative access that was used for the original installation.

Have you spoken to the landlord or maintenance staff?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I know the building very well and I am part of the residents association there is no alternative access to the roof unfortunately.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's unfortunate.  If the fault if indeed out of reach then it seems you may have to take the advice of @Z92

- jpeg1

I don't know how they initially installed the connection but it was done and now it's faulty. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Perhaps someone in your residents' association remembers the installation being done. The landlord should have a record of what permissions were given. 

- jpeg1