Menu
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint about installation delays

So thought i'd keep this thread alive, just to let everyone know whats going on and the terrible experience i'm still getting with Virgin Media.

Its been just over another month since my last contact with someone in Virgin Media (see the last post), and 3 and a half months since my first installation attempt from Virgin. And i've not had one single call from anyone to give me any kind of an update. I did have a very nice sales guy walk up to me in my garden and ask me if I was interested in joining Virgin! LOL! I told him that if he could get me connected I would be very impressed, so he filled out another form and booked in a date of next Friday to get it installed. I did ask him a number of times whether the 'blockage' had been sorted and he told me that he'd signed up a number of people along my street already and there was no blockage. Must admit I haven't seen the path dug up since my last moan, so I have a feeling that i'm not going to be the only one disappointed yet again with installation.

...Or maybe its been sorted and no-one has actually told me!? We can live in hope...

I'll post another update after the 16th and 18th (which are the 2 'possible' install dates I have).

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I'm gobsmacked!

just rang Virgin to check on the progress of the installation team, only to be told that someone called 'John' has cancelled my account!?! The installation team are totally useless and have said I have to go back to the telesales team and reopen the account. then they will see what they can do..

Words escape me at the moment...

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so now i've got my head around what Virgin have just done...

Finished a letter of complaint to the Virgin Media address in Swansea. Found Tom Mockridges' address at Virgin Media HO and sending him a copy of the letter.

Oh, and also sending a copy to the Financial Ombudsman too. Had a chat to a very nice man from the FOA, who told me to send him the details. I have to give Virgin a chance to reply to my complaint (yeah, like thats going to happen!) and then I can open a complaint with them and push for some compensation for the time and stress this has given me...

Now whats next, oh yes - which UK newspaper would be best to contact with my story...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi rogersmj, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. I'm sorry to hear about the recent developments. 

When accepting a sales offer from the team, this would cancel any previous deal you had and a new account would be set up with the new deal you've agreed to. As you were already signed up, the Sales agent should never of agreed to sign you up again. 

I've fed this back to the team and they will look into this however for the other aspects of the complaints I can see the CEO team is already in contact with you so any further questions will need to be addressed to them. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
scottm
Joining in
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Rogersmj - were you ever connected?

I've just signed up and our installation date is for the day after we move in on the 18th January.  After reading this entire thread I'm genuinely considering  cancelling the order and sticking with Plusnet.  I wonder what percentage of customers have delayed installations.

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottm,

nope, never got connected! Had a lot of conversations back and forth with the contractors about the cabling. They decided to all of a sudden blame our newly laid drop-kerbs for the blockage, even though the blockage was there almost a year before! They did say they could dig up the drop-kerbs and try and fix the blockage, but we have had enough and just told them not to bother and we cancelled our contract for a second time.

I'd still love Virgin, but I don't think we are ever going to get it because they can't sort themselves out. Incidentally we live on a long road with approx 50 houses along it. The contractors told me that they hadn't completed one installation out of 33 that were signed up in our road! Thats not very good i'm sure you'll agree! That was a while ago and i've seen the pathways dug up again and again, so there might actually be people who are connected by now... who knows!

If you do carry on with your installation, then good luck!

0 Kudos
scottm
Joining in
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. 🙂

I think I'm going to arrange Plusnet to be set up 2 weeks after we move in.  That way I can just cancel either one depending on the status of the Virgin installation.  The reason I came across this thread was because I started searching after there was a pre-install booked at the house for the 12th December that has changed to the current date every day since when I check the order status.  Having used the quick chat feature on the Virgin site they assured me that the pre-install would be done before we move in but I'm doubting that now.

I really want the Virgin speeds so I'm hoping they do manage to get this done!

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottm

Just a word of warning here. I originally asked for Virgin to also set up a separate phone line as this was part of the Virgin package I was looking to go for. On the first attempt to connect me up, they decided to use the existing phone line and I lost my Plusnet connectivity! (I, like you was looking to keep Plusnet going for a while to make sure Virgin was all good before I dropped Plusnet). After completely throwing my toys out of my pram with Virgin, they cancelled the phone line move over (and of course the actual cabling had failed anyway), however I had to wait over a month until Plusnet could reconnect me up again! That was 5 weeks of using a wi-fi dongle for the whole family and spending well over £200 on data.

I have also heard about other potential Virgin customers, who have also had their phone lines disconnected, even when they didn't;t ask for a phone line from Virgin. Seems like they do this so they are ready to offer you discounted phone line rates. Thats great, except your existing ISP who uses the phone line, gets totally disconnected!

0 Kudos
scottm
Joining in
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info rogersmj - I will ask them to leave the telephone line alone.  I have only ordered broadband so don't think they should need to touch that.

0 Kudos
Ricmcdermott
Dialled in
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry to but in, but as virgin own And operate there own equipment (they don’t use any other companies equipment, I.e bt, open reach ) I don’t se how they could connect your exsisting plus net phone line to there services, so there shouldn’t be a reason why u lost the plusnet connection 

0 Kudos