Menu
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 21 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint about installation delays

Hi Karen,

thanks for being honest, these things happen. We all make mistakes.

I'd appreciate your continued help badgering the construction departments on my behalf please, hopefully my time will come!

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 41
Flag for a moderator

You know I'm on it Matt 🙂

I've figured out what else added to my confusion. I have two email chains running with two teams supporting me on this for you. Both were responded to by the same person within a day of each other. The first confirmed the install was still pending works being done to clear the ducting the second stated that the works were complete and the install could be booked so not only was there the name confusion I mentioned to you on the PM, there was also that <sighs>

I've emailed the person in question and copied in both email responses and asked for clarity on this for me to give to you.

Hopefully I'll have something soon for you so we know exactly where we are at this point for you 🙂

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 23 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt!

Great news.

This is now able to be booked in. This time it's 100% right 🙂

I'm popping a PM to you so we can arrange the best available appointment for you.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 24 of 41
Flag for a moderator

So even though i'm private messaging Karen at Virgin, I think its also important to keep the community updated with my experiences of Virgin Media.... They have not got any better after today!

After another day taken off work, today was supposed to be the second attempt to install my fibre broadband and TV package, after almost 8 weeks since the initial engineers visit in August. That time there was a blockage in the cables, so they couldn't 'blow' the fibre properly. After waiting all this time, the pavement where the blockage is supposed to be has been dug twice up by AFL (the contractors Virgin use), however guess what..... Theres another blockage, except this new blockage isn't new, its in exactly the same place.... More green crosses on the pavement in exactly the same place as the last.

So now what.... The engineer told me that they will once again have to apply to the council to dig up the pavement again, so that could be another 6 weeks.

At the moment, I've taken a total of 2 days off work, rang the Virgin 'development' team 6 times and spent who knows how long on the community typing these updates. IF I ever get connected, I will expect my first 6 months to be totally free!

The engineers last words - 'Theres loads of people that have problems with their installations too' - OMG...

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 25 of 41
Flag for a moderator

So, almost a week since the failed 2nd attempt to install my fibre, and no contact whats so ever from Virgin! What a very poor, unprofessional company!

I called the 'development' team at Virgin yesterday, apparently my query was going to be escalated to the manager responsible for my area... And they had already called me and left a voicemail! I checked the number they had for me, that was correct, but i've never received a call from them, nor a voicemail. So a total lie. The guys on the phone couldn't tell me anything anyway, so promised a call within the hour to me... That was yesterday and no call.

I've sort of given up with the idea of having Virgin, i'm too good for them.

So, as a last resort i've found the email addresses for Richard Branson, Tom Mockridge (Virgin Media CEO), Dana Strong (COO) and Catherine Lynch (Chief People Officer). I've spent yet more time creating a very fact based email about my experiences with Virgin Media, and thats winging its way to them now.

I may be only a small fish and a large pond, but i'm a small fish that doesn't like being taken for a ride. I'm also normally like most of the UK population, in that I don't normally like to make a fuss, however this is now very much an itch I have to scratch and I expect professionalism and results after waiting for 2 months for a simple connection. Even regular calls to say things are moving forward would be better than i'm getting at the moment!

I will let you know when I get any reply, lets hope these senior people have customer satisfaction higher up their priorities than Virgin Media Customer service do!

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 26 of 41
Flag for a moderator

So, an update...

I got a crap 'template letter' from Richard Branson. Can't say i'm surprised...

But I also got an email from the executive team at Virgin Media. Told me that the complaint I had was very important and my experiences a serious lapse in Virgins beliefs..... blah blah blah.... Anyway the long and short of it is they are now going to investigate my complaint and escalate it to the management team who's dealing with the installs. They have given me timescales (hooray!), so hopefully it might push things a long faster.

Probably just words to make me feel better, but better than me standing around waiting for Customer Services to do anything! (now a week without any contact!)

Watch this space...

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 27 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Complaint about installation delays - STILL no update - 10 weeks since first installation attempt

So 2 weeks have gone by since I received the email from CEO <Executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk>, with a promise that "we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible"...

I did chase up this a week ago with an email asking for timescales, but since the initial response on the 18th October, i've had nothing! Not a peep, nil, nought, nothing!

A total of 10 weeks have passed since the initial installation engineer turned up! What a way to run a company..

Is there anyone out there, who are part of the Virgin Media 'customer services' team, that has any information at all (apart from "we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible") that would actually help push this forward??? Anyone?? (images of tumbleweed rolling by come to mind) Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 28 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@rogersmj wrote:

So, an update...

I got a crap 'template letter' from Richard Branson. Can't say i'm surprised...

Neither am I. He sold Virgin Media to Liberty Global several years ago. He just leases the brand name. The guy at the top is now John Malone, the US media tycoon.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 29 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

I may even send him a copy of my email, not that he's ever going to see it as i'm only a little fish! But hey, don't try, don't get...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi rogersmj, 

Thanks for your updates and I'm really sorry to hear that this is still ongoing for you 😞

Checking your account today it looks as though the notes have been updated to advise there is a blockage in the CATV chamber on the street near yours. The blockage is 53 meters and therefore a considerable amount of work is needed before we can install you. 

Due to this the installation has been put on hold indefinitely until a plan with budgets and costs can be drawn up, submitted and authorised. 

This has gone to the Build Team now but there is no timescales available. 

Once a plan has been made and if budget costs accepted, we will then require council permission to dig up the road. At this point we will have a clearer understanding on when we can install you. 

Once again I am very sorry. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos