Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint about installation delays

Hi Matthew

I completely appreciate you looking to the options for a faster line with us and I totally understand when install delays happen they do impact your experience with us. I do have to state that our connection is for residential purposes only and does not cover customers who decide to use this for business reasons, even though many do. Just for you to bear this in mind going forwards.

Our Construction team will contact you when they have updates regarding this.

Additionally I have just spoken to them and they are copying me into communications they are sending to our Lightning Home Development team who are the ones supporting us regarding this as the property is a new build.

When they get back in touch with me I can pop back here for you.

I just asked Construction is this a standard 6-8 weeks but they have advised when these issues are passed to LHD we do not get a timeframe from them. Once they pop back on the email I'm being copied into with confirmed updates however I will be back in touch.

I do hope to be able to come back soon and I will be available here on this thread for you to pop back anytime you want to check back in with us.

Many thanks and hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Well AFL turned up this afternoon... 4 guys gathered around the inspection hole as though they were about to sacrifice something! I'm guessing they were trying to blow the fibre through the cable again, because all they did was stare into the house and throw their litter everywhere. That took four of them about an hour, then they left - leaving the contents of their van behind - Costa Coffee cups and cigarette packets all over the front lawn!

Now they are back again, this time I think they are looking to dig the pathway up again..

Still not impressed, I do hope after all this messing around, time wasted and mess made, that the fibre line is worth it, and the TV is out of this world....

regards

Matt

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

another update (if you are interested!?). It would appear that the village has been overtaken by AFL! I counted around 17 (yes 17!) AFL vans on my way through the village this morning - it looked like they were all mostly preparing to dig up part of the road.

Looking outside my house, it would seem that we have new tarmac and the green marks that were made on the path have gone. So I suspect that the path in that area has been dug up. I also noticed that the brown box on the side of my house has been opened - the underneath 'slot' has been opened but not closed. So someone must have been doing something there too...

Would you please be able to check on your side and see if you can find out if things have been resolved? I've not had any calls as yet, but i'm keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Many thanks

Matthew

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

could you see if you could get me an update please, i've been holding on for the construction team for 23 minutes only to get cut off! Its 5 weeks tomorrow when the first engineer visited and I hoped someone might have some kind of news for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

Thanks for your PM's and posts back on the community.

My apologies these have not fallen in my tasks bucket until today.

With respect to the public posts, the way this works is we work on the last post date order, so each new post you pop on here bumps you back in the queue a little.

I do appreciate you popping back on your PM with the information I needed from you 🙂

Im dropping a reply to you in the next 10 minutes.

Cheers

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew

Thanks for allowing me the time to continue to support you.

With respect to the property it's now showing as serviceable for TV and Broadband but not for Phone.

I'm checking with the capacity teams about this for you to see if this is something that we can update or if it's simply a case of the landline not having been connected on the street to the cabinet for that area.

If you’re just looking to have broadband connected or broadband and phone, then you can apply directly via Sales on 0800 183 1234.

Keep in touch! 🙂

Forum Team

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

sorry, but I think you have my issues mixed up with someone elses?

I have already 'signed up' for Broadband and TV (The Full House option), and not Phone. There is no option here to use Virgin for the Phone, so have not signed up for this.

I am not sure why you suggest I call Sales again - I have already gone past that point and am waiting for the cabling to be resolved before Virgin then moves forward to complete my current order.

Matthew

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew

Nope I didn't get yours mixed up I promise 🙂

The orignal order didn't display on my system ealier so I assumed it was no longer there as this sometimes happens with delayed installs but it must have been an error on my system a quick reboot shows the pending installation is now there. All we need to do is book this for you.

I'm going to pop a PM to you for me to do just that 🙂

Thanks and speak soon!

Forum Team

0 Kudos
rogersmj
Joining in
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew.

I've just sent a PM with respect to this.

I am incredibly sorry but I did get you muddled with another customer who can have the installation when I posted yesterday.

You completely called this right yesterday in your reply, and I am so very sorry for the confusion.

I'd like to publically apologise for the confusion and to advise I will continue to chase construction with regards to this issue for you.

I am so sorry for raising your installation hopes but please bear with us a little longer, we will get there!

My profuse apologies once more.

Kind regards

Forum Team

0 Kudos