Menu
mattcee233
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Community representation

I'm representing a group of residents on an estate in a virgin cabled area but hasn't had your cables installed, we are all suffering with <4mb speeds at the moment from being on openreach copper only connections and are looking to get the estate wired up properly by yourselves. I was wondering if there was someone I could send my list of expressions of interest to and get updates from? (I've got details of 70 properties out of the 200 on the estate, still got some door knocking to do...)

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Community representation

you can sign up to cable my street but the roll out plans for 2018 and most of 2019 is already budget and set so even if its possible it wont be until 2020 at the earlest.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to add what ap said the forum staff should be able to check if on the list, if could post area postcode should get response in around a week 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattcee233, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community 🙂 

We wouldn't be able to take interest unless it's come from that person their self. Each home interested would need to register their details via Cable My Street. 

I can check to see if there are any current plans though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message mattcee233 🙂
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattcee233, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have now come back and advised the following: I believe the reason the cables weren’t installed is due to the street not being publicly maintainable, which would mean a build couldn’t progress on this street. There are currently no plans to install this address and after a quick draft desktop measurement I estimate this would come over our budget.

Apologies but there is no plans to come to your street. 

Thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos