cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comex/ re pull issues

Kirstie_w91
Tuning in

Hi 

I can I’m not the only one that’s had issues with the whole re-pull process with Virgin that is contracted to a third party, Comex. 

I had a failed installation on the 4th Sept, as the previous house owners had cut or damaged the old cable at some point (their provider was Sky so this didn’t affect them). 
On this visit the virgin media engineer assured me as an existing customer but only moving home I would be prioritised for the new cabling by Comex. Not sure if this was the case or not but fast forward to the 20th Sept, the date Comex were due to attend (after numerous calls to CS as very few people seems understand this whole process!) the work was not done. I checked my account the day & the new date was the 21st, again they were a no show. 

It’s now the 22nd, again another day they were meant to attend but also a no show. I called CS to be told the job had be “reassigned” .. they couldn’t elaborate & after complaining how long this has been going on & having 3 no shows from Comex then went on to explain cabling work is done by Virgin Media?! This has been the problem all along.. I have made numerous calls, most likely 10+ by now & it seems to be hit or miss around if the advisor understands the process or my problem! 

I’m meant to have all services installed on the 27th by Virgin but after reading other experiences & 3 no shows from Comex I’m not holding my breath. 

ive complained numerous times but nothing seems to get any better. At this point I’m expecting to cancel the whole install if I’m not up & running on the 27th & expect any termination charges to be waived since no one seems to know what’s going on! 

‘Escalation’ means nothing if that’s what they tell you they’ll do & promise call backs & updates which never happen. I was also told I could have a dongle which again didn’t happen after being transferred to a different department who then said they don’t deal with that & it’s the department that transferred me in the first place! 

I’m shocked at how any new cabling is actually done at this rate! All this time I have meant to be working from home & this whole chasing every other day has been draining & stressful as each time I’m no closer to any resolution! 

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kirstie_W91,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums. 

I am sorry to hear you have not been installed and the re-pull keeps being rescheduled, when it comes to works we are limited to what we can do via forums, I have emailed your details to the area field manager to see if there is a particular reason for the delay.

The response will not be instant and we will try to get answers for you. 

As soon as I hear anything I will update you.

Zoie

@Zoie_P 

Today I have found out my installation has now been pushed back to the 12th Oct. 

Im guessing it had flagged on your systems the pre-pull had failed yesterday so you rearranged my VM engineer date to the 12th Oct! I asked why, and CS from VM said it was due to permits being required.. I was told this weeks ago & to my understanding this was the cause for the initial delay & had now been granted. 

Annoyed with the lies I contacted Comex myself to find out why there was a delay since VM can’t provide any truthful answers. It turns out it has been logged (presumably by VM) as a one man job but was in fact 2. So they offered a later date & I ended up managing to arrange the pre-pull works myself for the 27th Sept (this is also my scheduled VM install date).

I’ve attempted talking to 3 people to try & get my original date of the 27th back or at least another day next week. Which I think is the least you can do since I had to chase the pre-pull company myself, who also actually called back like they said they would. 

I am still waiting on a call from yourselves about bringing forward my new date of the 12th Oct.. doubt I’ll get a call, I never have even though I’ve been assured I would numerous times. 

This has all been going on since the 4th Sept. I have made it clear if next week can’t be done I will need to cancel my order/ contract & cancel the Comex visit as of course I don’t want to the works to be done or garden dug up for no reason. 

@Zoie_P 

Today I have found out my installation has now been pushed back to the 12th Oct. 

Im guessing it had flagged on your systems the pre-pull had failed yesterday so you rearranged my VM engineer date to the 12th Oct! I asked why, and CS from VM said it was due to permits being required.. I was told this weeks ago & to my understanding this was the cause for the initial delay & had now been granted. 

Annoyed with the lies I contacted Comex myself to find out why there was a delay since VM can’t provide any truthful answers. It turns out it has been logged (presumably by VM) as a one man job but was in fact 2. So they offered a later date & I ended up managing to arrange the pre-pull works myself for the 27th Sept (this is also my scheduled VM install date).

I’ve attempted talking to 3 people to try & get my original date of the 27th back or at least another day next week. Which I think is the least you can do since I had to chase the pre-pull company myself, who also actually called back like they said they would. 

I am still waiting on a call from yourselves about bringing forward my new date of the 12th Oct.. doubt I’ll get a call, I never have even though I’ve been assured I would numerous times. 

This has all been going on since the 4th Sept. I have made it clear if next week can’t be done I will need to cancel my order/ contract & cancel the Comex visit as of course I don’t want to the works to be done or garden dug up for no reason. 

Is there anyone that can confirm if this can be done? I’m sick of waiting & chasing now 

Hello Kristie_w91

From looking at the notes it looks like an agent you spoke to earlier today has contacted the AFM (Area Field Manager) to see if anything can be done in regards to this. As soon as they get an update they will let you know or give you an update.

Rob

Unfortunately the agent updated me not too long ago that he hasn’t been able to get in contact with the AFM

Thanks for coming back to us Kirstie_w91,

We're disappointed to hear that the AFM has not come back to the agent you were speaking to. Due to this we can certainly send an email on your behalf and ask for an update with your pre-pull situation.

I will pop you over a private message to confirm your details and see if we can get you an update of what is happening.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

@Jodi_S

Hi,

I have just responded with my account info. I can confirm following the date I arranged with Comex, the pre-pull has now been completed