cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial extension Hub 3 - unsure of adapter needed

pookie84
Joining in

We moved and took our old virgin stuff with us. Setup no probs at new house but needed a much longer cable to stretch to TV. Long story short, total farce trying to get one out of Virgin, three botched delivery attempts (don't think they ever even got sent), a million soul-destroying phone calls... eventually told to get our own and that compensation would follow. Needless to say it hasn't and that will be another few hours of life wasted chasing it up. 

Anyway, having read a few things on here I know it's advised to get an engineer out but seeings as I have the extension cable now thought we might as well give it a go ourselves. The connection going into the hub 3 needs to be one of very pointy, pin-like ends (I think perhaps called F-type?). Our coax extension doesn't have this. It has the thicker 'pins'. I'm not very.tech savvy, trying to find an adapter online and am a bit lost. Would appreciate any pearls of wisdom that could point me in the right direction of what to get.

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a standard fee of £25 for this sort of work. Very reasonable as it used to be £99 ….

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot extend the cable yourself. It can introduce noise into the circuit that will not only affect your connection, but all users on the same street cabinet. A VM staff member will get to your post in 2 or 3 days and will be able to help.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you for your reply - that would be brilliant if someone does contact me on here from Virgin as it has been a total nightmare trying to communicate with them over the phone / whatsapp so far…god knows what’s going on, it’s ridiculous!

here’s hoping…

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a standard fee of £25 for this sort of work. Very reasonable as it used to be £99 ….

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @pookie84, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've faced with our services at your new house.

I'd be happy to assist you on getting this resolved.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pookie84,

Looks like you have disabled your incoming PMs, so I've been unable to reply, however I've rescheduled your appointment for you for now. You will be able to view the appointment time here. You should be able to reschedule online if needed but if not, you'll need to either call us on 0345 454 1111 to rearrange, or re enable your incoming PMs so I can re arrange with you.

Kind regards

Beth